This basic course is for anyone who needs to learn to use the Linux operating system.
You should have familiarity with basic Information Technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system.
This course enables you to perform everyday tasks using the Linux operating system:
- Log in to a Linux system and set a user password
- Use Linux online documentation
- Manage Linux files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common Linux commands
- Manage Linux processes
Introduction to Linux
Using the system
Files and directories
Using shell variables
The vi Editor