This course is designed for persons with a background in information technology and who are new to the z/OS platform, and require conceptual knowledge of z/OS functionality and services.
Basic knowledge of IS technologies, including S/390 hardware. No z/OS knowledge is required.
This course is designed for persons with a technical background in information technology, who are new to the z/OS platforms and do not have prior MVS experiences.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the installations requirements for an enterprise server and how z/OS supports these requirements
- Discuss the services for application enablement in a z/OS environment
- Identify how z/OS provides support for e-business
- Describe how security is ensured in a z/OS environment
- Identify products and tools that support central point of control
- Characterize products and facilities that support z/OS systems
- Describe z/OS's essential system services
- List the S/390 and z/Architecture processor configurations for z/OS
- Describe z/OS connectivity, communication facilities, and interfaces
The concept, strategy and benefits of the z/OS environment
Application enablement in z/OS
Overview of e-business support in z/OS
Connectivity to the z/OS environment
Security support provided by z/OS
Systems Management support (Tivoli, SMP/E, SMF, and RMF)
Scalability, availability, backup, and recovery features in z/OS
System Services support (storage management, job management, work management, data sets, and data set management)
S/390 and zSeries processor configurations