Systems Administrators, Operations Managers, and individuals responsible for supporting operations on the AWS platform
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Working knowledge of systems administration.
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts.
- Linux or Windows command-line experience.
4 days. Hands on.
The Systems Operations on AWS course is designed to help individuals operate highly available and scalable infrastructure on the AWS platform. In this course, we demonstrate how to effectively manage and support AWS resources. We cover concepts such as provisioning infrastructure, deploying applications, tracking costs, monitoring utilization, and creating backups.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Use Amazon EC2 features to provision, monitor, scale and distribute compute infrastructure.
- Create Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups.
- Backup AWS and on-premise resources using AWS services.
- Create Amazon EC2-VPC subnets.
- Use Amazon CloudWatch metrics to monitor the health and utilization of AWS resources.
- Use AWS CloudFormation to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment.
- Leverage resource tagging to allocate costs and optimize resource planning.
Introduction & History to AWS.
AWS Storage & Content Delivery.
Compute Services & Networking.
AWS Managed Services & Database.
Deployment and Management.
AWS platform and access.
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
Backup (AWS resources and on-premise resources with AWS services).
Elastic Infrastructure (Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance, Launch Configuration).