This course is for support staff for AIX on POWER systems.
You should have:
- An understanding of programming fundamentals: variables, flow control concepts such as repetition and decision.
- A working knowledge of AIX including the use of the vi editor, find and grep commands.
Students without this experience should attend AIX Basics - AN10G.
This course will teach you how to use shell scripts and utilities for practical system administration of AIX (or other UNIX) operating systems.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish Korn and bash shell specific features
- Use utilities such as sed and awk to manipulate data
- Understand system shell scripts such as /etc/shutdown
- Write useful shell scripts to aid system administration
Basic shell concepts
Flow control in a shell Script
Functions and typeset
Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
Using regular expressions
Using sed, awk and other AIX utilities