Anyone who wants to add or remove fields, create new functionality or just maintain their existing system.
Experience in using Info/Man in their own installation would be useful to participants.
4 days. Hands on.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
This course teaches how to customise the IBM Tivoli Information Management for z/OS - Info/Man - product to installation requirements. In particular, the course shows how to change the data collected by Info/Man database records, and how to tailor the product to support this. The course teaches how to modify Info/Man to make it easier to use.
At the end of the course your participants will be able to:
- Create new fields for data entry, display & selection.
- Validate input using assisted entry panels & validation lists.
- Create and use s-words and p-words.
- Create search results lists.
- Recognise and use dialogs.
- Code conditionally required fields.
- Change panel flow.
- Diagnose and repair dialog errors.
- Code control panels to copy data from other records, automate data entry, test data & change panel flow.
- Code TSPs (Terminal Simulator Panels) for simple automation.
Overview of Info/Man.
Accessing Info/Man records.
PMF (Panel Modification Facility) introduction.
Moving and Deleting Panel Fields.
SWORDs, PWORDs, and Adding New Data Fields.
Modifying Table panels Using Control Panels to Extract Default Data.
Introduction to Terminal Simulator Panels (TSPs).
Understanding Dialog Structures.
Making Fields Conditionally Required.
Planning for PMF and PMF reports.
NOTE: The customer must provide access to a Tivoli Information Management system with MASTER privilege class. Each student, plus instructor should have a session member with their own set of panel read and write libraries concatenated in front of the shipped IBM panels, and individual p-word and s-word dictionaries (we are happy to supply more detailed information on setup requirements and speak to the customers systems programmer).