This basic course has been designed for systems administrators, solutions administrators and operators who install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Process Server applications.
Delegates should have successfully completed one of the following IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Administration courses:
- WebSphere Application Server V8.5.5 Administration - WA855G
- WebSphere Application Server V8 Administration for Windows - WA380G
Delegates should also have some knowledge of the Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and SOA.
This instructor-led introductory course teaches delegates the skills needed to install, configure and administer IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.
Course objectives include:
- Configure and administer a Process Center environment.
- Configure and administer a Process Server environment.
- Describe the purpose and business value of the tools included in IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5: IBM Process Designer, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Server, IBM Process Center and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus.
- Describe IBM Business Process Manager Advanced architecture, concepts and terminology.
- Describe the deployment considerations for IBM Business Process Manager Advanced components.
- Describe the Process Server high availability topologies and their selection criteria.
- Create a Process Center clustered environment by using the Deployment Environment wizard.
- Create a Process Server clustered environment by using the BPMConfig utility.
- Verify the functions of failover in a clustered environment.
- Work with Business Space.
- Deploy and manage business applications.
- Work with the administrative console and management tools.
- Deploy applications to an offline and online Process Server environment.
- Implement SSL.
- Integrate with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) to secure the environment.
- Troubleshoot the environment.
Overview of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced installation.
Exercise: Installing IBM Business Process Manager Advanced.
Exercise: Installing the IBM HTTP Server.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced architecture overview.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced components.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced deployment topologies.
Exercise: Configuring the Process Center environment.
Introduction to Process Center.
Exercise: Administering Process Center.
Overview of Process Portal.
Exercise: Administering Process Portal.
Overview of Process Server.
Exercise: Configuring the Process Server environment.
Business process choreography.
Application deployment concepts.
Exercise: Process Server administration.
Introduction to Business Space.
Exercise: Administering Business Space.
Overview of deployment scenarios.
Exercise: Managing offline and online Process Servers.
Advanced administration concepts.
Exercise: Advanced Process Server administration.
Exercise: Configuring SSL.
Exercise: Implementing security with LDAP.