The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course is suggested for candidates that have at least 3 years testing experience, ideally in a lead role. It is designed for:
- Test Leads and Test Managers wanting to improve their test management skills
- Experienced Testers wishing to progress into a test management role
- Test Managers looking to accredit their skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers
Candidates wishing to participate in the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course must possess the ISTQB Foundation Certificate.
Wanting to formalise your test management skills? In this ISTQB® Advanced Test Manager course, you’ll learn the practical application of risk-based testing and test management tasks, including planning and estimation. You’ll also learn how to manage stakeholders, form test teams with the relevant competencies, and skills to ensure effective resourcing and undertake test process improvement initiatives.
Recognised around the world as a best practice qualification, the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager certification is well suited for experienced testing professionals looking to move into a test management role.
- Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes
- Organise and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions
- Create and implement test plans consistent with organisational policies and test strategies
- Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives
- Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders
- Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources
- Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team
- Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected
- Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders
- Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives
What is included with this course?
- On the rare occasion a student doesn’t pass, they can re-attend the course for FREE within 6 months (excludes exam re-sits)
- Classroom training with a certified industry professional
- Full catering is provided including morning tea, lunch afternoon tea
- 250+ page comprehensive course manual
- Pass first time with our exam revision questions, live revision sessions and online tutorials
- 6 months access to the Online course - extensions are only £100 for an additional 3 months
- Opt-in for our Career Assistance Program (CAP) to access resources for improving your hiring prospects and gain direct entry into the hiring process
The ISTQB Advanced Test Manager examination is a 3 hour closed book, 65-question multiple choice exam. Candidates are required to achieve a minimum pass mark of 65%. The examination is sat separately from the course and is independently administered and assessed.
Test Planning, Monitoring and Control
Testing in the Software Lifecycle
Test Tools & Automation
Analysis and Design
Implementing and Execution
Evaluating Exit Criteria and Reporting
Test Improvement Process