Build upon your Foundation-level skills with advanced test design techniques learnt with real-world emphasis.
The ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate is aimed at:
- Experienced Testers wanting to progress their hands-on advance testing skills.
- Test Managers wanting a better understanding of advanced testing skills.
- Testers wanting to accredit their advanced level skills for recognition among employers, clients and peers.
This practical course is designed for testers wanting to build upon their foundation knowledge and develop their test analysis, design and execution skills.
You’ll learn how to apply testing strategy in real-world situations gaining competency in the techniques essential for test analysis and performing outcome-driven test activities.
Upon completion of this course, you will have all the information needed to successfully sit the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam.
Develop the skills needed to understand quality expectations in the business domain and perform effective test activities to meet those expectations.
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used.
- Determine the proper prioritisation of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis.
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria.
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed.
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities.
- Assume responsibility for the usability testing for a given project.
- Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products.
- Design and implement a defect classification scheme.
- Apply tools to support an efficient testing process.
The Test Analyst Certificate Examination is 3 hours in duration, based on 60 multiple-choice questions. Candidates are required to achieve a pass mark of 65%. The examination is separate from the 4 day course and sat on a different day.
Test Management: Responsibilities for the Test Analyst
Testing in the software lifecycle
Test progress, monitoring & control
Distributed, outsourced & insourced testing
Test analyst’s tasks in risked based testing
Requirements review checklists
Use case review checklists
Usability review checklists
User story review checklists
Review user stories
Review use cases
Test Analysis & Design
Concrete & logical test cases
Test case creation
Test Implementation & Execution
Evaluating Exit Criteria, Reporting & Closure
Evaluating exit criteria & reporting
Analysis & design activity
Concrete & logical test case activity
Test execution activity
Defect management activity
Boundary value analysis
Cause effect graphing
State transition testing
Use case testing
User story testing
Testing Software Characteristics