This course is ideal for:
- Staff involved in Change Management.
- Those leading or about to lead Change.
- Those seeking a recognised qualification in Change Management.
- Team members being affected by or affecting Change, and individuals who will need to support their colleagues, team and organisation through change, and manage themselves through change.
Some previous experience of change management or programme management would be useful but is not essential.
Additionally, there is some pre-course reading and preparation which should be completed before the start of this course. This preparation will be used in the course assessment.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
This course is recognised by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) as an endorsed qualification.
Key course objectives include:
- Understand the impacts of change on individuals and how individuals respond.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of how to support others through change.
- Understand how to support your organisation to successful change.
Behaviour preferences – Kirton’s Adaptor Innovator.
Learning to adapt to change.
Learning Styles – Kolb.
Behavioural responses for change.
The change curve.
Motivation for change – a humanistic approach.
Groups and Teams, the need for teams in change.
Team roles – Belbin.
Team Learning – After Action Reviews.
A three stage model for change.
Organisation structures for Change.
Drivers for change and resistance.
The Leadership of Change
Leading Change – Kotter’s 8 steps.
Types of leadership for change in an organisation.
Obtaining the ILM Endorsed Qualification
Assessment for the ILM endorsed qualification is vocational. This means it is based on you applying the ideas in the course to your own workplace. A workbook is provided for you to collect the evidence of your application thinking. By careful preparation before course the workbook may be completed during the course through the exercises.
The course may be taken in a classroom or by individual study online. Please contact us for details.
This course is delivered on behalf of Verhoef Training by the Centre for Change Management.