This advanced course is intended for solution architects and social networking administrators.
Delegates should have:
- Knowledge of IBM Connections 4.0
- This can be gained by attending the IBM Connections 4.0 - Social Software for Business - CNW42G course
- A good technical understanding of Web 2.0 concepts
- High-level understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, systems and languages
- Previous experience with IBM Connections or other WebSphere based applications
- Familiarity with the Eclipse development environment
- Familiarity with Java, Dojo and OpenSocial
IBM Connections V4.5, social software for business, provides an exceptional social software solution designed to help enable users to access the right people and internal and external content in their professional networks and communities. IBM Connections is designed to help users engage with networks of expertise in the context of critical business processes in order to act with confidence and anticipate and respond to emerging opportunities.
In this workshop delegates learn about the new features in IBM Connections 4.5, the capabilities provided by IBM Connections Content Manager and how to leverage the social Business toolkit SDK to socialize existing applications.
Course objectives include:
- Learn about the new features in IBM Connections 4.5
- Learn about the new capabilities provided by IBM Connections Content Manager
- Learn the fundamentals of WebSphere Application Server
- Learn how to install IBM Connections components
- Learn how to leverage the Social Business Toolkit SDK to socialize existing applications
Unit 1: What's new in IBM Connections 4.5?
Exercise 1: IBM Connections features walk-through
Unit 2: Connections Content Manager (CCM)
Exercise 2: IBM Connections Content Manager (CCM)
Unit 3: WebSphere Application Server basics, architecture and deployment
Unit 4: IBM Connections 4.5 installation
Exercise 3: Installing the social business toolkit SDK development environment
Unit 5: IBM Connections 4.5 migration
Unit 6: Administration
Unit 7: IBM Connections mobile server administration and security
Unit 8: Security
Unit 9: Social business toolkit SDK
Exercise 5: Business cards
Unit 8: XML access
Day 2 Wrap-up and questions and answers
Exercise 6: Take home exercise: Installing IBM Connections and IBM Connections Content Manager - RHEL