Any individual, from anywhere in the organisation, that wants or needs a basic understanding of lean, the need for business improvement and the benefits operational excellence.
Lecture presentations are supported by a practical simulation to demonstrate fundamental principles. There will also be group work to enable discussion, reinforcement of learning and enhancement of the understanding process.
This course is available on site only. Please call for details.
The course is aligned with the first level of Cardiff University's Lean Competence System (LCS). At the end of the course knowledge and understanding will be assessed through a multiple choice test. Upon successful completion of the test participants will be eligible for their Cardiff University Lean Competency System (LCS) Level 1a certificate. They can continue onto the higher levels if they so choose and if this progression is appropriate to their career.
At the end of course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the origins and basic principles of lean, the need for business improvement and benefits of operational excellence.
- Articulate the five lean principles and the eight wastes.
- Recognise waste in processes and value streams.
- Appreciate the application of the lean principles through a lean business simulation.
- Identify changes required in the business for Lean transformation.
- Appreciate how roles may change within Lean transformation.
Background and context of Lean.
Lean awareness and understanding the Lean Business System.
5 lean principles and the 8 wastes.
Lean business simulation.
Case studies of application.