This is an intermediate-level course for system programmers and technical support individuals, who need to understand installation, customization, administration, and maintenance on an IMS DB/TM system.
You should have completed IMS Fundamentals - CM01G or have equivalent knowledge.
You should also have some system programming experience with IMS systems.
3 days. Hands on.
This course is designed to present a description of the activities required to install, tailor, maintain, and support an IMS DB/TM system. This course describes aspects of the IMS architecture and internal structure that support database and transaction management.
Course objectives include:
- Describe a detailed description of the activities required to install, tailor, maintain and support an IMS DB/TM system
- Understand the aspects of the IMS architecture and internal structure that support Database and Transaction Management
- Understand the IMS DB/TM architecture
- Design, install, and customize an IMS DB/TM system
- Perform system administration for an IMS DB/TM system
IMS Packaging and Overview
IMS Installation and IVP
Transaction Flow: Input Messages
Transaction Scheduling and Execution
IMS Locking, IMS Logger and Syncpoint Processing
Connecting IMS to CICS and DB2
The IMS Gen and Online Change
IMS Data Sharing, the Common Services Layer, and Dynamic Resource Definition
More Functions that Improve IMS Availability
Prepare the IVP System and IMS for Education
IMS DB/DC System SYS3 Execution