This course has been designed for those responsible for operating and managing the operation of an iSeries Server.
Delegates should be able to:
- Perform Basic system operations.
- Describe an interactive job and a Batch job.
- Use Help Facilities.
- Describe basic security concepts.
- Monitor Devices.
- Initial Problem determination.
All this pre-requisite knowledge can be obtained by attending the System Operator Workshop for IBM i - AS24G.
This course will enhance the existing skills of iSeries system operators and develop additional skills in the areas of work management, CL Programming and menu creation.
Course objectives include:
- Secure specific objects.
- Describe how the system manages storage.
- Create a basic CL program.
- Create menus using the Screen Design Aid (SDA).
- Describe the features and capabilities of Management Central.
- Makes changes to the system that simplify operations.
- Describe the backup, availability and recovery capabilities available on the iSeries.
Introduction and a brief review of the System Operator Workshop for IBM i - AS24G.
Work Management and Performance.
Introduction to PDM and SEU.
Menu creation using the Screen Design Aid.
Tips for Improved Operation.
Backup, Availability and Recovery.